DUE TO CORONA VIRUS ALL PROGRAMS ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
Click on the DOWNLOAD to view the Newsletters
1. Article I - Official Name
2. Article II - Purpose
3. Article III - Membership Information
4. Article IV - Meetings of Group Members
5. Article V - Elected Officers
6. Article VI - Board of Directors
7. Article VII - Checks, and Deposits
8. Article VIII - Amendments
9. Article IX - Assets
ARTICLE I - NAME
· The name of this group shall be TWIN LAKES COMPUTER USERS GROUP, hereafter referred to as "TLCUG."
ARTICLE II- PURPOSE
· The TLCUG is a non-profit, non-discriminatory, educational organization, which provides its members the opportunity to increase their understanding of PC’s through the exchange of ideas, knowledge and experience and through informal education in computer applications, hardware and software technologies.
ARTICLE III - MEMBERSHIP
· Membership in the TLCUG shall not be denied to anyone based upon race, creed, sex, or religion. Membership in this organization is open to anyone interested in computers. Ownership of a computer is not a prerequisite for membership.
· The Board of Directors shall propose changes to annual dues for membership, with simple majority approval of those present and voting at the Board of Directors meeting at which the dues proposal is presented. The change will then be presented to the membership for approval.
ARTICLE IV - MEETINGS OF TLCUG MEMBERS
· TLCUG shall meet once each month with proper notice of time, date and place as determined by the Board of Directors.
· VOTING: Each member is entitled to cast one vote on issues requiring membership approval.
Article V – Officers and Board of Directors
· GENERAL POWERS: The business and affairs of the user group shall be managed by The Board of Directors, which may adopt rules and regulations for the conduct of the meetings and the management of TLCUG, as they may deem proper.
· FORMAT: The TLCUG Board of Directors shall consist of four officers (President, Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer) and a minimum of four position specific Directors as determined by the Board of Directors.
· ELECTION AND TERM OF OFFICE: The Officers of TLCUG shall be elected for a term of one year at the November membership meeting by a simple majority of those present and voting.
· RESIGNATION: Any Officer may resign by giving written notice to the Board of Directors, and/or President.
· SPECIAL MEETINGS: Special meetings of the Board of Directors, or membership, may be called by the President.
· COMPENSATION: No compensation shall be paid to the Officers, as such, for their services.
ARTICLE VI - BOARD OF DIRECTORS
· PRESIDENT: Serves as overall representative of TLCUG to the public. The President shall be the principal executive officer of the user group and, subject to the control of the Board of Directors, shall supervise and control all of the business and affairs of the user group.
· VICE PRESIDENT: In the absence of the President, shall perform the duties of the President.
· SECRETARY: The Secretary shall keep the minutes of the general meetings and Board meetings.
· TREASURER: The Treasurer shall have charge and custody of and be responsible for all funds of the TLCUG. The Treasurer shall provide Financial Reports of the TLCUG to the Board of Directors.
· Membership Director: The Membership Director shall be the custodian of the club’s registered membership list and shall register and welcome all new members.
· Program Director: The Program Director shall be responsible for the acquisition and scheduling of programs at regular membership meetings.
· Webmaster: The Webmaster shall construct and maintain the TLCUG web site.
· MENTOR COORDINATOR/DIRECTOR: Responsible for placement of Mentors with members needing help.
· Photo Gallery Coordinator/Director: Responsible for group photography and Gallery.
Article VII - CHECKS, AND DEPOSITS
· CHECKS: The Treasurer, President and Vice President are authorized to sign TLCUG checks.
· DEPOSITS: All funds of the user group shall be deposited to the credit of the user group in such banks as the Board of Directors may select.
· EXPENDITURES: All expenditures are to be paid by check.
ARTICLE VIII - AMENDMENTS
These bylaws may be altered, amended, or repealed, and new bylaws or addendums may be adopted by a simple majority of the members of the TLCUG that are present and entitled to vote, at any TLCUG meeting. But only after review and recommendations by the Board of Directors, and when the proposed amendment/addendum has been published and the Membership notified of such meeting.
ARTICLES IX - GROUP ASSETS:
The Board of Directors shall have control of all assets.
Should the TLCUG become defunct or dissolved and/or is no longer an organization, all assets and monies shall be given to an agreed to Charity(s) as determined by the most recent Board of Directors.
Approved by the Membership May 1st 2014
Secretary SUE SEILS
President TOM M. TELFORD
Vice President W. HART ROWLAND